Every day at The Possible Project, our team wakes up to make the world a more equitable place. Our belief is that by unlocking the true potential in our students that we can ignite meaningful and lasting change in the wider world. At TPP, we’re doing this one young entrepreneur at a time. We believe this passionately and see the results concretely.
– Nancy Jones, Vice President, Strategic Development and Major Partnerships
The Possible Project
The Possible Project’s (TPP) programming includes the operation of two in-house businesses, known as TPP Enterprises, focused on:
1. Educating and empowering students through authentic work experience; and
2. Generating revenue to support students and ongoing programming.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate to join our growing, entrepreneurial TPP Enterprises (TPPE) team. You will work primarily within We Sell Possible – a TPP Enterprise which focuses on the acquisition and resale of items via online channels – and have the chance to combine the best of the nonprofit and for-profit worlds!
Under the guidance of the Business & Education Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in helping to run and grow our online sales business to meet financial goals. You will also support our TPP Enterprises education team, co-teaching classes for our enthusiastic and inspiring high school students across our sites in Cambridge and Boston.
As a Business Development Associate, your key responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
● Business Development & Marketing: You will help drive revenue by employing entrepreneurial and effective business development strategies. You will help us refine and execute our sales and marketing strategy with a view to increasing sales for our online resale business and supporting TPP Enterprises to meet its business goals.
● Product Acquisition (Donations): You will manage the outreach, collection, and intake of all products secured through our We Sell Possible donation drives. To run our business, we rely heavily on the donation of items from our network of donors. To reach our ambitious revenue goals, we need to rapidly increase the number of items donated and you will help foster our existing partnerships and expand our network of donors.
● Customer Service: Support all customer service related activities including responding to customers in a timely fashion, shipping logistics and maintaining high seller standards.
● Mentoring: Mentor, supervise, and support TPP alumni, especially those who are employed within TPP Enterprises.
● Teaching: You will help teach TPP Enterprises programming across our two sites and provide feedback to help us further refine content, delivery, and evaluation. We will support you with coaching and professional development opportunities to help you develop and refine your skills as an effective educator.
● Recruitment, Retention & Success: You will participate as needed in recruitment and retention efforts to help us ensure student outcomes driven by organizational goals.
In addition, working within a growing entrepreneurial environment, every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader TPP team as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & MINDSET
While there is no perfect resume, we will likely be most interested in your application if you fulfill most or all of the following:
● Are entrepreneurially minded. This role is multi-faceted and requires a team member who can respond to needs as they arise. You enjoy taking on challenges and persisting to find creative solutions.
● Have experience working in business development, sales, marketing, donation strategy, or other relevant business experience.
● Have an interest in teaching and experience working with youth, particularly those who are low-income, recent immigrants, and/or face barriers to success.
● Pay attention to the details. You understand that in a business environment, even the slightest error can lead to customer service challenges.
● Communicate clearly. You write clearly in all of your communications and you are comfortable communicating with people at all levels of the organization.
● Have a sense of humor. You like to have fun and you want to love what you do.
● Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
● Language skills in Haitian Creole, Portuguese, or Spanish would be a plus.
In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrates the organization’s key values:
ABOUT THE POSSIBLE PROJECT
The Possible Project is working to close the skills and opportunities gap facing our students by providing resources and support that make them more likely to finish high school, complete education and training beyond high school, and enter careers that will provide them with a living wage.
The Possible Project is a youth entrepreneurship center that teaches students with untapped potential how to start and run their own businesses. In the process, students acquire a host of personal and professional skills that propel them to long-term success in life.
Through a combination of curriculum, support, and STEAM projects, students are empowered with the knowledge and skills necessary for success beyond high school—including resiliency, hope and self-confidence.
The Possible Project is a 501(c)(3) organization. For more information, please visit www.possibleproject.org.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Possible Project offers a robust compensation and benefit package including high quality health benefits and an employer contribution to your 401(k) plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Possible Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.